In this tutorial you will learn how to program your very first visual basic program. It’s not so hard as you may think, it is actually quite simple.
The first thing you will want to do is open Visual Basic (2010). You will see a screen that looks something like this:
This is a picture of the start screen and it should look very similar to yours if you run Visual Basic (2010). You will want to click on “New Project…” which is right next to the “Start” button at the top left of the window.
You will then see a pop up window that looks like this: http://www.wikihow.com/images/thumb/2/2d/Newprojpopup.jpg/v4-728px-Newprojpopup.jpg
Here, you will want to scroll down until you see “Windows Forms Application” under “Visual Basic”. Then, click “Ok” at the bottom of the window.
If done correctly, you should now see a screen that looks like this: http
This is a tutorial on how to create your first program in Visual Basic 2010. This should be read by people that have never coded before and want to learn the basics.
After this tutorial you will be able to create a basic program with buttons, labels and text boxes.
This tutorial will walk you through creating a simple program, so you can learn the steps for making any program.
New to programming (or Visual Basic)? Jump in with me. This article takes you through your first program in Visual Basic, showing you how to write the code, put it together and run it. The tutorial is for absolute beginners, so if you are new to Visual Basic, this is where you want to start.
This article was written using Visual Basic 2010 Express Edition: a free edition of Microsoft’s Visual Studio application that includes the Visual Basic compiler. If you don’t have the software yet, follow the directions in my article “Your First Program in Microsoft Visual Basic 2010 Express” to download it.
Hello everyone! If you happen to be a total noob at programming and want to learn, this tutorial is for you. I’m going to teach you how to write your first program in Visual Basic 2010 (VB) using the IDE called Visual Studio 2010 (VS).
I’ll try to explain everything as simple as I can (some people may get bored of me repeating stuff over again) so that even people who don’t know a thing about programming can understand it.
You don’t need any prior experience in programming or any knowledge of programming languages. However, having knowledge of the English language will help a lot.
This tutorial will show you how to make your first program in Visual Basic 2010.
Step 1: Getting Started
Create a new project in Visual Basic. To do this, you can click on the top left file menu, then select “New Project.” Then, on the right side of the window, select “Windows Forms Application,” change the name to HelloWorld and then click OK.
This video tutorial teaches the basics of Visual Basic 2010. It includes how to open a new form and add buttons, text and labels. It also covers the code needed to create your program.
1. Open Visual Basic 2010 Express.
2. Click on the File Menu > New Project
3. You will be presented with a few Program Templates, select Windows Forms Application and click OK.
4. The Program should now open in a new window similar to the image below:
5. Right Click on the Toolbox (usually located on the left side of the screen) and click Choose Items…
6. Scroll down the list until you see Button, checkmark it and click Ok.
7. You will now see a Button in your toolbox that you can drag over to your form to create your first button!
8. Now using the same method as explained in step seven drag two more buttons onto your form and change their text to Exit, and Clear by double clicking on them and typing in the desired text then pressing enter when you are done so that they look like this:
9. Next we need to add a textbox for our results, so again using the same method as explained in step seven drag a textbox onto your form and resize it so that it is big enough for you to read what you type into it and looks like this:
10. Now we need to add some code to our application so that when